With his young, glam, and gorgeous front row, the day was off to a flying start at Michael Kors’s show. We scaled the newly built 4 World Trade Center skyscraper for Jason Wu’s Boss show, and ended up sharing an early dinner (mini pizzas, mojitos) at Greg Lauren’s safari-tent presentation with the likes of supermodel Karolina Kurkova. To get a taste of some of the highlights today, see our roundup below.
1. Our favorite flats for evening. Replete with ballerina straps, the pointy-toe flats at Michael Kors are likely to be a red-carpet game-changer.
Photo: Gianni Pucci/Indigitalimages.com
2. A blue high note at Ryan Roche. Between crochet dresses and head-to-toe lace, it was tough to pick favorites at the designer’s first Fashion Week presentation. The indigo-dye topper ended up stealing our hearts.
Photo: Courtesy of Ryan Roche
3. Fashion Week by candlelight at Greg Lauren. With tables set up for a dinner of delicious mini pizzas and mojitos in a ginormous desert-style tent, the scene at Greg Lauren was like something out of The English Patient, and perhaps the most romantic (and civilized) way to do a fashion show runway that we’ve seen thus far.
Photo: Courtsey of Garret Hummel-Esparza
4. Delpozo puts Spanish fashion on the map. With a triumphantly colorful collection and influences that drew on the likes of Talitha Getty, Josep Font’s new collection for Delpozo was a bright spot on our day.
Photo: Courtesy of Delpozo
5. The New New Downtown: Held at 4 World Trade Center, the view of the New York City skyline from the Boss show today was a hint at the changing landscape of Fashion Week.
Photo: Courtesy of Suki Salvador